Life is a journey, and it steers me in unpredictable directions. My plans are only minor, compared to the major adventures that God has for me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fitting Inn is Out of Style.



A problem that has not only effected me but also has become a problem for many people around the world. Mostly targeting young teens and women, the problem has become more of an issue than ever. Low self esteem and stress is developing the awful emotion of increasing anxiety. The pressure to "fit in" is a heavy burden that seems to be carried on the backs of all ages. The atmosphere surrounding children and teens has worsen over the years from the growth of media and technology. Even though, technology is a helpful tool and resource but it is also one of the main targets of the causes of depression and low self esteem.

In the 21st century, there has been a numerous amount of high tech and available resources that has abled us to connect with our family and friends. There has been studies shown that Facebook and Myspace or even any social networks have caused the issues of low self esteem and depression. Whether it's a break up, rejection, or envy, cyberspace can feel real. Watching my friends find boyfriends, getting married, or even having children. Not meaning that you aren't happy for that person, but the trouble of hopefully one day I might have those opportunities as well. Can't help having those emotions of doubt and anxiety overwhelm that person. The media doesn't help by putting out there that you need to look a certain way. Women having that pressure and wanting that "glamorous" lifestyle seen on television; has caused deep anxiety, depression and the horrific and sad thought of an eating disorder. These issues are not uncommon problems and believe it or not there are solutions that will help you and even me with my low self esteem.

An easy solution is to get rid of any social network if it becomes a problem. You probably will save a lot more time on more proactive and worth wild things than wasting your time seeing what other people are doing with there life. With out a doubt, there are many ways to build your self esteem and one of the major ways is working out. It releases endorphins and always makes you feel great afterwards. Seeing a huge improvement by surrounding your self with positive and good people. Instead of being constantly criticized by family, friends, and society tends to slowly strip us of our feelings of self worth. Improving your self esteem increases your confidence and is a first step towards finding happiness and a better life. You gain this confidence by believing that you are unique, you are special, and that you deserve to have your dreams come true!

Don't try to copy anyone else. You will be at your best when you are being yourself because of your uniqueness. Strive to be your best, do not criticize yourself if you fall short of your expectations. Aiming for perfection in life is a lost cause because it is different things to different people. If you are trying to be perfect, you set yourself up for disappointment and failure. Instead, seek to achieve goals. For example,I take a class in the visual arts. The visual arts allow me to explore myself and find "perfection" in "imperfections". Everyone has strengths, weaknesses, habits, and principles that define who you are and can make you distinctive. Spend more time focusing on the qualities about yourself that you like and less on the ones that you dislike. Remember no one is perfect and if they are then they are probably not from this world. Why would I compare myself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being me than me.

1 comment:

  1. Your an excellent writer. And I totally agree with you. Facebook is beginning to become a bane. I read a study the other day about people consider the online world as the actual reality.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
When it comes down to it, I love basically everything. I love to love and love to share my life's experience. Writing a blog is my own personal therapy session.