Life is a journey, and it steers me in unpredictable directions. My plans are only minor, compared to the major adventures that God has for me.

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Tattle Tell.


When it all comes down to it, being the youngest in the family is one of the greatest advantages in life. First, we are known for being the world’s greatest example of getting spoiled. Although, that’s not always the case, our natural instincts are to observe, tattle and copy. Everyone has their own opinion and experience with their place in the family. Meanwhile, we all know that the youngest has the upper hand in the family from those predicaments we might get ourselves into.

Everyone in life is their own person, and makes decisions for themselves. Being the youngest you are always being compared to your older siblings and never for you as an individual. From your parents who always tells me why can't you be more like your brother or sister, or stating that your brother and sister did or didn't do this. I was never called by my name when it came to my sibling's friends. Getting compared comes with the territory of having that titled of the youngest. On the other hand, comparing myself to the older siblings can be my stepping-stone. Everyone makes mistakes and I can use that as advantage and observe those in my family. Having the main idea on how the world will play out and where to go after high school. What to do and ways that will help benefit me and my future. Although, I did learn to take a leap for myself and not always use them as a crutch.

No one likes to be the victim or being the focus for all the jokes. The word tease in Webster's dictionary, it says to annoy persistently. Webster doesn't even know the half of what I went through. From being pushed around, punched, poked, picked up and carried without request. My worst memory I can recall is when they would throw those fireworks snappers so hard against my skin that they would snap. They would always say, " We are only trying to rough you up a bit, preparing you for the outside world." Getting teased is not a pleasant experience. In the end, the result is that I have a higher tolerance of pain and easy going when it comes to sarcastic comments.

When holidays came around I would always get what I wanted especially if I pouted. Meaning the youngest is the epitome of spoiled. There is no doubt about it, a good trait to be acknowledge with. Although, having immunity in every situation is a great advantage. Immunity, meaning to get my way and escape blame for a certain issue. More so when I was younger, this super power came in handy. After constant teasing from the older siblings, there is one way to get my revenge. A natural reaction, the youngest will come to appreciate. I'd tattle, scream, call for help because my mom was my weapon. She was my key ingredients for my revenge. No matter what the situation is, I would come out on top. Parents have a special place in their heart for the youngest because I’m their baby. It doesn't matter if I did do it or didn't. If I blame and point fingers at one of the older siblings, I will have automatic immunity. It might sound evil, but nothing taste better then sweet revenge.

You can call me vicious, spoiled and cry babies. In the end, the older siblings are jealous of the advantages and powers we have in the palm of our hands. The traits the youngest starts out with might sound as an unfair disadvantage, turns out as becoming a benefit. We know what it is like to be pushed around and been compared to others our wholes lives. Regardless of those facts, we have observed our older siblings experiences throughout their lives. So when the time came, we where more prepared for the outside world. Our end conclusion, the youngest might just be naturally born as royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
When it comes down to it, I love basically everything. I love to love and love to share my life's experience. Writing a blog is my own personal therapy session.