Life is a journey, and it steers me in unpredictable directions. My plans are only minor, compared to the major adventures that God has for me.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unlimited Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich's


Paradise is having zero responsibilities, taking glorious naps throughout the day, and the great advantage to eat whatever I want without counting calories. Childhood is not only a stage in life that everyone goes through; it is the epitome of play, sleep, and happiness. My view on the world was a place full of rainbows, puppies, and unlimited supply peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Playing house is not only synced into my system, it was a part of who I was as a kid. I was the ultimate pretend mom anyone, east side of Sandy Utah, has ever seen. Besides the point that playing house was my daily routine, but facts are that I wasn't girly.

For as long as I can remember, I was known as what you call a "tomboy". When my mother found out she was having a little girl she told me that she was more then excited. Dress me up like a princess and be the miniature her. I don't like to disappoint anyone, but when it came down to it, the end result was nothing close to her having a little princess she wanted. I pushed the Barbie’s dolls aside, and my stuffed animals were my main focus. Dresses made me gag, and getting my fingernails painted made it feel like the end of the world. Every time I was forced to get my nails done, I would tighten my fist so nobody could see a non-volunteered hideous princess that my mom wanted me to be. My mom rolled her eyes so much that I thought one day they might get stuck there.

I'm not the oddest kid in the candy store, but i have had a few experiences that have made me a peeved individual when it comes to certain things. I've had the bittersweet opportunity to have an older brother. For having that title, he has a responsibility to annoy those that are younger. Not loving that idea, I tattled like a champion. I have many memories of getting tormented, but one that I have remembered, I will never forget. It all began at the age of five. I was minding my own business, when out of nowhere the most horrible thing happened. My brother's idiotic mind decides to stick gum in my hair. I'm not sure what the motivation was but my theory is he was just jealous that I'm better looking. No matter what his reasons where, I went psycho. I ran around, screaming, not knowing what to do. My mom trying to calm me down, but I wasn't showing any mercy. When I saw my mom get those scissors out, I felt that there is no hope for my hair. It was so tangled in gum, and so horribly sticky. For those reasons, may seem stupid, but to this day I can honestly say that I haven't had one stick of gum. It is not something I tell people, and most don't know about it. I'll admit, it is something that is a unique and idiotic.

Not everyone can say that they had their five minutes of fame. I was on the 90's hit television show, " Touched By An Angel". The show is about angels helping others in their everyday life. When people found out this news, I became a third grader who was signing autographs for my fellow students. Being a part of something that is nationally heard of is an unforgettable experience. Everyone treated you with respect and set out to make you feel comfortable. As a kid, my favorite part was unlimited food, drinks, and sweets. I took advantage of that opportunity as frequent as I could. Even when I didn't have any lines or wasn't a main character on the show. In my opinion, I was the best background child they ever did see.

As a kid, I was clumsy, sloppy, and didn't know the meaning of sharing. The focus was on me, and me a lone. From my terrible twos until I became the frightening age of a teenager. When my looks actually started to matter, I learned the importance of hygiene and fashion. My childhood was no ordinary adventure. It was a journey that I enjoyed and sometimes wish I could go back too. On the other hand, I will be able to have my own children someday and give them a exciting childhood I was blessed to have. Even though, I'm an adult and I have responsibilities. There is always that inner child, waiting and wanting to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
When it comes down to it, I love basically everything. I love to love and love to share my life's experience. Writing a blog is my own personal therapy session.