Life is a journey, and it steers me in unpredictable directions. My plans are only minor, compared to the major adventures that God has for me.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Unexpected Heartache.


Life is a mysterious and unpredictable journey. Knowing first hand, those events that can either make or break a person. Having those certain experiences that are most memorable. From losing your virgin lips, to getting my first taste of a delightful Cafe Rio salad. Life has been a bizarre of a trip and having emotions of an up and down roller coaster. Humans natural born reaction is to judge people by their looks, body language, and personality. As far as I know the first impression to other people is a big deal and says a lot about that person. It is my human reaction to judge someone when I meet them, and I'm not ashamed to say that. On the other hand, I try my hardest not to judge because, I may not know what that person went through, and why that person is a certain way because of their life's journey. For almost a decade now, those people that don't know the truth, have judged my family.

Unfortunately, judgment's evil cousin is rumors. When it is the hot gossip at the time, the rumors spread like wild fire. It is bad enough when it happens to one person but when it happens to a whole family, it is an unwanted mess that you can't seem to clean up. The outstanding selfishness that one person could have, that is resulted in a broken family. That supposedly what my mother thought as her "better half", turned out to be a regret and heartache our family wanted to over come. An amazing mother that had such strength and strive to take down adversity. My brother and I had to get over the fact that someone from our own flesh and blood would do such a back stabbing action. Made me think that the love was all a show and that there was no longer the title of, "Daddy's Little Girl." If I'd focus on the negative, and chose to be the victim for the rest of my life, I would never get anywhere.

Behind every traumatic experience, a positive outcome is just waiting to surprise me. Life steers me in unexpected places that turns out to become a beautiful thing. Being forced to mature at such a young age, resulted in being more prepared for the present day. Being raised by a very strong willed mother, had made me a very independent woman. My mother drilled in my head to always achieve my goals, and never let anyone let me think otherwise. I want to set the record straight that my mom is a amazing and genuine person, and that trial in our families life had nothing to do with her. Over the years, that certain adversity has died down, and we are a more of an optimistic Brady Bunch. Of course, every family has its fights on occasion. In all honesty, what mother and daughter don't have their arguments at least once a month. Also known as P.M.S, that is known for its very short fuse, explaining the random unwanted outbursts. Obviously, that is what I'll blame my mood swings on.

The events that I have been through, have only made me a stronger and better person. The lessons that the people around me have taught me, like the meaning of patience and hope. Some adventures leave their scars, and sometimes they seem like they won't heal. Time can be my worse enemy, although what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. No matter how irritated and annoyed I can get with my family, I'm blessed to know that my mother and brother will never leave me. It is an endless love that nobody can destroy. A good feeling to scratch out the word victim thats associated with my name and replace it with champion.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna!

    I am so glad you posted the link to this. What an awesome post! I can so relate to what you wrote about as can tons of others I'm sure. (:

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
When it comes down to it, I love basically everything. I love to love and love to share my life's experience. Writing a blog is my own personal therapy session.